Thursday, July 31, 2014

HP BD.

Rifling through the internet in search of some birthday card inspiration for my Potter-fanatic boyfriend (coincidentally sharing his first name with the world's most famous boy wizard), I came across these fantastic Valentine's Day cards from Kjersti Faret




(Find more of her work on her Etsy store Cat Coven)

Given my Harry's proud beard I specifically wanted to include J.K. Rowling's hirsute half-giant wizard gamekeeper, so on seeing the not-so-flattering card featuring Hagrid (Faret says that "you can give it to your enemy to let them know you still don’t like them") I wanted to combine the format with something more complimentary, it being a birthday message after all. Nothing was more perfect than the idea behind the letter 'H' in the fabulously foul-mouthed Harry Potter alphabet, illustrated by Tumblr user Harry Potter's Mum. My resulting version is below, with a few tweaks, swaps and additions. 




No comments:

Post a Comment