Saturday, November 22, 2014

Neat.


Industrial and retail-inspired furnishings. Minimalist Japanese style aesthetic. Resourceful woodworking and craftsmanship. Functional found objects recycled into refined fixtures. To add to the above, the space is flooded with more natural light than you can shake a repurposed wooden pole at. This perfect San Francisco bedroom not only masters the art of what I think of as 'neat clutter', but does so by satisfying my love of exposed storage and clean-cut asymmetric silhouettes, with reclaimed wood from commercial buildings creating ingeniously mismatched book(and shoe)shelves. It also appeals to a penchant for low platform beds - the Japanese-inspired style amplifies the airspace of the room, making it feel even more spacious, bright, and fresh. From my unattractively clunky hired hospital bed this looks even more appealing, but it will take a bit more physio for me to be able to bend down that far to the floor. With all this time currently spent on my backside I thought I would rekindle my enjoyment of DIY, so maybe some bedroom adjustments à la timber are on the cards once I can make it upstairs. My ideal bedroom boat is well and truly floated.

Photos via houzz

No comments:

Post a Comment